Friday, January 21, 2011

Alex Pettyfer officially in talks to be cast as Jace!

Hey guys! So, um, I'm a bit speechless. Allow me to freak out for a second....

OH MY GOD! IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!! IT'S ACTUALLY FINALLY HAPPENING!! WOOO!! I'M SO EXCITED AND HAPPY AND ANXIOUS AND AND AND JUST OH MY GOSH!!!!

Okay, that's not really all of my excitement vented just yet. But I'm sure it will leak out into what I believe is the best blog post I have posted yet!

So all you Mortal Instruments enthusiasts out there, I have some exciting exciting news! You know how ever since the Mortal Instruments blew up over the past few years and probably even before that, every enthusiast of the series has been shipping for the amazingly handsome Alex Pettyfer to play male protagonist and female protagonist Clary Fray's love interest, Jace Wayland.  Well, I'm sure some of you are guilty of bombarding author Cassie Clare with requests (although I'm sometimes more inclined to call them frantic demands) for her to persuade Alex Pettyfer to be cast as Jace.  Now poor Cassie! She's received hundreds and hundreds of messages regarding the Jace Wayland casting, and I'm surprised she's still sane! (Cassie, if you're reading this more confirmation of your sanity would be awesome.)  

Agreed for Jace, guys? I say HELL YEAH!
But finally, after years of "ALEX PETTYFER FOR JACE WAYLAND" messages she's received, she released a post on her blog today outlining everything you've been impatiently waiting for.  Here is what she had to say regarding the exciting news on the casting:

"I wanted to wait till I could have an official chat with the studio folks before I said anything, so my small contribution is: I know Alex has met with the director, Scott Stewart, several times; I know he read the TMI books over the holidays and really liked them and liked Jace, and negotiations are ongoing. At this point it's all about the deal, which really doesn't have anything to do with me, so I stand back and wait for news like the rest of you."
 
As you Mortal Instruments enthusiasts probably already knew, Lily Collins has been cast as Clary! I think she'll make an amazing Clary!
For those of you who aren't familiar with Lily, she's been in movies like The Blind Side and the soon to be released Priest.

But back to the Alex topic.  Apparently, we should receive a confirmation of the reports early next week or even as soon as this weekend.  I know I'll be crossing my fingers for a report titled "Alex Pettyfer cast as Jace Wayland in City of Bones movie adaptation!"

So guys, I'll keep you posted on the movie news! Now excuse me while I geekily go call my friend and morph into a massive fangirl...
Now are you guys as excited as me with this one! Be sure to check out more of what Cassie had to say here.

No comments:

Post a Comment